Top 5 Reasons to be Optimistic in 2018
CalCom Solar has had a great year and we wish you all the best for a happy, healthy 2018. With all the challenges in our industry this year, we felt it was a good time to take stock of all the reasons to be optimistic about clean energy in 2018!
- The US installed more than 2 gigawatts (GW) of solar in Q3 2017 despite pricing and policy uncertainty – showing the market will be resilient no matter what decisions come down the pike with the Section 201 case.
- Commercial and industrial installations of solar grew a whopping 22 percent year over year – signs that solar is expanding into every segment of our populace.
- California has had an amazing year in solar – more than 100MW of new solar capacity installed in Q3 alone – and emerging markets like Texas and Florida posted more than 100MW in Q3 as well.
- CalCom Solar has its best year ever – and installed 30 MW in 2017 for farms and agricultural businesses this year. Next year promises to be even better!
- We will expand our services to new states and even a new country in the coming year. Watch this space for a very exciting announcement in Q1!!
We are grateful to be working in the best industry there is. And we are especially grateful for our customers – the dedicated farmers and agricultural businesses who supply our country with fresh, healthy food all year long. Your leadership and innovation never cease to amaze us.
We look forward to serving you and continuing to be your clean energy partner in 2018.
Until then, have a safe and happy holiday season!