Woolf West, phase 1 of 3, is a branch of Woolf Farming and Processing, located in Huron, CA. Woolf Farming started on the west side of the San Joaquin Valley in 1974. The Woolf Family sought to move away from the region’s traditional crop rotation of grains, cotton & melons to higher valued specialty crops that are well suited for the area. These crops include almonds, processing tomatoes, pistachios, garlic and more. Continual reinvestment in land, water infrastructure, and innovation has allowed the Woolf’s to successfully expand their operations. It is currently run by three generations of Woolf’s.
- 1.1 megawatt Single-axis Tracker
- $345,000 savings per year
- First year production 2,162,559 kilowatt hours
- Low rates locked in for 25 years
- 85% of aggregated meters offset by solar